Sunday, September 6, 2009

I create my life by constant awareness & choice-Remember??

I remember Labor Day weekend 30 years ago. It put into motion the "creation" of many people and things that shape my life today.
I did not have the awareness at that time of how that weekend would be a turning point of my life. I was indeed, caught in the moment- the sights, sounds, excitement and wonder of it all. Even the elements of the "unknown" and "change", fearlessly fueled my limitless attitude. Everything that was "put into motion" that weekend has created some of the most precious and long-lasting blessings in my life. This reflection has been a reminder to me that however we choose to create our experiences -either with positive or negative , high or low, energy- sets the tone for the rewards we will reap. Much like a "domino" effect.
What are we consciously or blindly attracting or creating everyday in our life by our thoughts , words, actions & attitudes....?
What energy do we emanate? Is it positive or negative? Are we aware that a look, expression, or word can change the lives of others??
Are we rushing so quickly toward the future that we have forgotten the importance of the moments that create that future?
Those "memories" that bring us fond feelings of joy, love & security are right in the here and now. We create them in each "moment" of our life.We should enjoy them in that "moment" before they become filed away as a "memory".
Is your brain racing ahead of you? Call it back. Enlist All your senses: Look at what is around you- choose to create it as beauty or not- really hear the sounds -make them music or mayhem- feel the energy you are projecting- is it centered or chaotic?
Taste this moment and make it sweet. Blessings~

2 comments:

  1. A very good reminder....to be in the present moment. I found this quote somewhere today and I really like it:
    "Life is an illusion, a dream, a bubble, a shadow. Nothing is permanent. Nothing is worthy of anger. Nothing is worthy of dispute. Nothing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that quote- It goes along with my desire to "pick my battles wisely"- not to waste energy on negative thoughts, feelings, and actions.

    ReplyDelete